Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Blogging History

I am a personal blogger and I'm proud of it even though I don't get to have followers like those of a travel blogger or a beauty blogger. I haven't maintained a blog for too long except that of Friendster's before. I started out in 2005, but since none of my friends liked to share their activities online like I did, no one really read it. Until 2008 came and one of my closest high school buddies also began writing for his Friendster Blog. We kept a correspondence by writing our personal reactions in Testimonial form (it's Friendster's version of Facebook Wall/Timeline posts before). I was inspired by him to create a mix of everyday school life stories in English and Filipino, stating about my lost goals and failures while studying at UP Diliman. Later on, the blog talked about my private life and how it turned upside down. 


A few years ago, Friendster closed down and  reformatted itself, deleting the Blogs, Profiles, Testimonials and all the social networking stuff in it. Good thing, I was able to download my blog posts and transformed it into two famous blog hosting sites, WordPress and Blogger. The new blogs with contents from my old Friendster blog were named differently, the WordPress one having a Japanese text title, and the Blogger one having the same name as my original Friendster blog. I didn't get to maintain it well and I deleted "WaterDrop", and so when I resumed writing out of whim, I started to make another blog in Blogger containing the old Friendster posts. Obviously, I cannot let go of my writing since 2005.


I got lazy due to several things going on in my household since I became a young mother. I continued studying from my one year leave of absence and while writing a lot of academic papers, I lost my interest in writing Anime Fanfiction, another hobby I had since late 1990's. I had lots of ideas when I was in high school, but now I could barely think of a plot or a line to write. I still kept my PC Journal through Microsoft Office OneNote and also a little blue notebook containing my random thoughts on a random day. I love writing so much I can't let go of it for a single moment. However, my love for writing has bounds especially when writing essays for school.


Right now, I want to continue writing by sharing some of the memorable things in my current life and not to dwell in the emotional past I had. I've had my share of failures and I'm not too proud of it, but it helped me become the stronger version of myself now. In this new blog, I will attempt to write positively at most times and share to you how I see the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment