Friday, April 5, 2013

April is finally here and I'm finally getting my next secured credit card. I was hoping  I could get a BDO Secured CC because I love their current promo. So even my salary hasn't arrived yet, I just got instant funds from my savings on my Metrobank ET account. Initially, I planned to put my money on BDO for the amount of 12,500 and I'll be getting a 10,000 CL (credit limit). I called Robinsons Galleria branch and they were the only branch near me who could understand what a secured credit card is. So I was confident they would assist me well and on April 4, me and my family went to the said mall and the BDO branch to open my TD account with them.

It was an epic fail. The first bank person who attended to me didn't know about it. I have to explain it to her and tell her it's different from a loan. Another woman came and apparently she knew about it, but she told me it is still subject to approval. I was taken aback. Approval? Isn't this system supposedly instant approval because it's secured? So after looking at the requirements (which I didn't have one of the things in their list--a photo), I decided it WILL NEVER be BDO. It's just weird. I don't like their system, too strict!

So me and my husband were thinking of going back to BPI. Last month, I decided to cut my BPI Blue Mastercard after 2 years because they denied my application for retention the second time around. I was thinking of doing it, but I remembered the RCBC Instacard Program (in that blog, I was inspired). So I googled the different RCBC branches around Ortigas area. The thing is, when we arrived to the nearest branch along ADB Ave. (coming from Robinsons Galleria), it's almost 3PM! Their banking hours are from 9AM-3PM. So I just looked for another branch to apply near my house-- I saw the Frontera Verde branch. I called them up to make sure the branch knows about Instacard. I had a positive feedback from the person who got my call.

April 5, next morning before heading to my checkup at TMC, we headed to the branch. It is in Transcom building beside Fun Ranch. It looks nice, but when I went there, only one person could assist me in opening a new account. They were nice though, but when she mentioned I might wait for an hour, I almost wavered and want to go back home. But my husband had a great idea of them going first and then just go back to me for my checkup (which we initially planned to be in the afternoon). I diligently filled out their forms, and waited for a while until the couple who also opened a checking account left. That was the time I was assisted properly.

She was nice and we even chatted about my online job. But it also took an hour before she could finally open the account, realize her mistake in my account opening and print the Time Deposit certificate and let me fill out another form for the card application. I liked that they also let me use their washroom :P. Anyway the point is, I was confused with their process. She did not give me the original TD certificate, and she did not have a deposit slip for my TD-- instead, she just gave me an OR (official receipt). But she promised me the card will arrive on Monday (April 15) due to the 7 working days rule. She also told me she will send my documents tomorrow, so I have to wait for a week.

Even with the confusing process, she had an assurance and she also gave me her number to follow up perhaps, or if I had some problem regarding my application. I would surely call her back if on the 15th I still would not receive my RCBC Bankard. I wonder what kind of credit card they will issue because I wasn't able to choose in the form (there was no checkbox!). And also, they have a 100% CL against the TD amount so I saved 2,500 pesos from the initial money I plan to put on BDO (or BPI).

As of now, I'm still anxious and worried on how the outcome of my application will be. I realized we cannot live with one credit card alone, because I have my personal expenses too. My husband was really supportive on this, (I really love him! :D) so I have some courage and faith to open this new account. Oh well, let's just wait and see what will happen next. I still have a week to wait! Good luck to me and fingers crossed. XD

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post.Thanks for sharing the post.i'm sharing your information to all friends.If you
    Want more details kindly Visit Cash against Credit card

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my experience, these are really the best secured credit cards in terms of useful features and usage costs.
    https://effectify.com/blog/secured-credit-cards/top-4-secured-credit-cards-to-rebuild-bad-credit/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will prefer this blog because it has much more informative stuff. bad credit remortgages

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like RCBC but with the reputation and the negative comments in their customer service I don't think I'll be banking with them again soon. If you want to try another secured credit card I might suggest you to try AUB Easy Secured Credit Card but the minimum deposit hold out for them is 25,000 and 80% of that will be your credit limit.

    The thing about AUB Easy Secured Credit Card is that you'll choose your due date, how much to pay by monthly, 2 times a month or weekly and you can pay your dues for 2000 every month even if you don't pay the total amount due, you won't get penalized. Best of all is that its annual fee is waived. You might check their website for clarification and other details.

    ReplyDelete