Thursday, April 18, 2013

Online Banking Part Two

I recently made this post about Online and Mobile Banking and also a post about Secured Credit Cards. I do not wish to edit it, but now I just want to add a new post about my new banks: RCBC and HSBC. I also opened a new account at BDO, and now I'm a certified online banking user of BDO too. :)

Anyway, I mentioned in this post that I applied for an RCBC Instacard. To my surprise, my credit card came as early as 5 working days! I even thought it would take longer because of the Araw ng Kagitingan holiday, but it didn't. I went on the same day to apply for RCBC Access One, to be able to check my TD account with them and just to try their online services. The teller who assisted me informed me that my card might arrive next week. As soon as I went back home in the afternoon, a guy from LBC came and gave me my card. The rest is history and I was able to use it right away.

Remember the functions of BPI Express Online? I'm beginning to love it and thank my company for sending my funds in BPI now. I could also enrol both my RCBC and HSBC Credit Card for payments anytime, anywhere. I am really confident to say that BPI is number one when it comes to online banking services. I applied for my RCBC Bankard payment the day I received my card. I filled out the online form, printed it and went to my branch in C. Raymundo. In 2 days, my card was included in the list of merchants I could pay. So as soon as I received my HSBC Gold Visa, I went straight to my BPI branch again and did the same thing. Soon, I can pay it with BPI too :)

I will tell the story on how I got an HSBC Gold Visa in a post next to this. Before that, let's proceed to the part 2 of my Online Banking discussion:

RCBC Bankard Main Site
For RCBC Bankard, you don't have to sign up for an online banking account. They have separate websites for their deposit accounts and credit cards. The photo above shows that in the RCBC Bankard site, you have many options as they offer many services. These include:

  • Shop Secure
  • Spend monitor
  • Enroll in e-SOA Via Email
  • View Statement Online
  • Pay Your Bankard Online
  • Update Your Account
  • Power Tools
All of these were discussed in my Bankard pamphlet, but I was too lazy to read it :P As of now, I haven't used any of these services as my Bankard hasn't received its first SOA yet. I called RCBC's hotline and they were fast and friendly, too. Their number is 888-1-888. Very easy to remember, right? I will update this post as soon as I used it. For the meantime, here is the access page for the SOA Online. It's so easy as you only have to enter your card number and your birthdate as the password.

RCBC View your SOA online pop-up window

 This next photo is the Access One I enrolled via my branch. In this site, I must be able to open and see my Time Deposit account with them. Well, I also haven't tried this as I must wait for the processing-- usually 5 business days. As of now, my BDO who promised me 5 banking days for processing (5th day tomorrow), is now working. I could now use BDO online to check my Passbook Savings.

RCBC Access One login page


This is HSBC's online@hsbc. My first regular credit card. Their hotline is also easy to remember: 85-800. Only a few digits just like BPI's. Well they have a security device option which I think you could buy and also the password question. They have two sorts of passwords too. It's a bit tedious to go login with them.

As of now, it has the same functionalities I already used. The usual online banking site for credit cards of course have the account summary, unbilled transactions and the balances.

I still have a floating transaction with them, my Globe Postpaid Bill. It's not yet reflected on the website. I have to check it again.

online@hsbc login page with 2 secure options 
Well, this would be all for now. Judging all the sites I have used, the number one is still BPI for its interface and functionality. By the way, Metrobank Direct almost updated to a new site last April 8, but it was short-lived. I was able to use it though, and it looks nice. I failed to get a screenshot though cos I thought it would last forever. To my surprise, several hours after its opening, the site went back to the original Metrobank Direct site. I was wondering why the system reverted, there was no infomail from Metrobank. But the difference was, the new site did not spam me with the log of my online transactions via e-mail. I wish they finish the upgrade soon.




0 comments:

Post a Comment