Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yay Wish List: My Financial Plans

Earlier this year, I had my updated 2009 wish list written at my small whiteboard where I state all of the concerns and events (exams, deadlines, whatevers) weekly. The wish list never left its space, and luckily after months of feeling lucky and earnestly waiting for donations, et cetera, I finally completed all of it. The final item on my wish list is the HDD Enclosure. Most of my wish list items were still from the past: either 2 years ago or a year ago. I can’t believe it’s quicker than usual; I complete my wish list for a certain year mostly during December. And this year, I got something extra that I didn’t really wish I’d had. It was more of a so-called blessing also I term it as an unfortunate occurrence. So sorry to say that.

And so, since I got this baito that enabled me to complete my wish list, I will start creating my new one right this very moment. I will try to pick-up those that were dropped from my previous lists, starting with the curling iron. Oh right, I really wanted those curly locks which are larger than the regular perm (my so-called perm long time ago was quite unsuccessful, and I think the only way to get those locks is by that curling iron!).

Next would be an external BLURAY and DVD RW drive. Yeah! This was dropped due to previous financial constraints. I asked for its price months ago, and it was a disappointing 16 thou. Talk about that price when you just started to work 2 months ago picking only a minimal salary of at least 4 thou a month. My resort to mediocrity and idleness doesn’t quite help, but it makes me feel a bit away from pressure.

With my current finances and while I’m a bum, I can’t get allowance so I wouldn’t have the extra added, thus making the Bluray dream accomplished by end of 2010. Besides, I promised to pay the initial deposit addition of my parents to my bank account. I also spent lots of money for the previous phone bills which now I could manage (thanks to someone who doesn’t bother me anymore). And with school out of the system, I would not have to text massively because of groupies and other stuffs. Another thing that I devoted myself into buying are dresses, that would probably make my life easier since I cannot wear my denim pants anymore (thank you waistline!). I promise to buy at least one per month.

If I earn 1 thousand more than my minimum this month, I will definitely get the curling iron done before 2009 ends. Then save about 2 thou per month for the bluray drive. There’s another option that I’m thinking of. It’s the new laptop project. I’m currently dissatisfied with my laptop, so I would want in 2010 to have a new one before I go to school. Hmn, sounds promising if I earn 4 thou a month without spending a bit, by June 2010 I would have around 24 thou. That sounds promising. I would probably buy a bulky 15-inch laptop with lower specs than my current one which I could carry along to school everyday (or maybe I’ll try asking for financial assistance to get a better one which will stay at home and I’ll be bringing this 12-inch old laptop to school everyday, OR work for 4 hours straight everyday and also during weekend mornings and maximize the earning potential—which I can’t seem to devote myself to). Maybe I could get a smaller laptop—without a DVD ROM but easily transportable.

This post should be bookmarked or printed out by me so I will always remember what I intended to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment