Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Planetarium

The moonlit evening shows its face
And a child's voice is vanishing
Far away, far away, I guess you're somewhere in this sky
In the end of the Summer, we sneaked away to this park we had found
Do you remember that constellation somehow?

Even if I can't meet you, I pursue my memories
I wanna look at the same happiness
Along with that smell, the fireworks open in a flash

I want to live, I want to live and run to your place right now
I can't see anything in the pitch dark, even if it's scary, I'm all right
The countless starry sky is still here now, forever
I won't cry because the sky I saw before with you was beautiful

The sound of your shoes remains in my ears and resounds as far as that path
I guess I'm staring at my own great shadow

It may not change at all but my painful feelings are getting inflated
No matter how I felt, you're no longer with me

I want to live even if it's a little, even if it's a little, right by you're side
You're the one I like the most, so I can be strong
I tried softly reciting a wish upon a shooting star
I won't cry, has it reached you? In this beautiful sky

I want to live, grasping tightly your little hand towards your place
I want to cry, that was, that was a beautiful sky
I tried softly reciting a wish upon a shooting star

I want to cry, you won't reach my feelings in this sky...

                                     English translation of  "Planetarium" sung by Ai Otsuka







It seems melodramatic. Yes, the lyrics were "meant" to be dramatic--in the sense that this one's the song played at Hana Yori Dango 1 every time there's this Tsukushi Makino sad moment. The first time I saw Hana Dan and this song being played, I cried. I kinda recognize the Japanese lyrics in my intuitive and contextual Japanese auto-dictionary placed on my frustrated Japanese mind...





Those vivid stuff where I cried aren't the ones worth remembering--but it haunts me more than any other happy nor traumatic memory I have had.






Although they say I have all the reasons to be happy--good family members, preferable environment, my own room with my choice of gadgets, good school, kind friends...it doesn't seem to make me happy at all. I often wonder, is it just me that's not contented or humans were designed to seek for their happiness throughout their lives till they die, still yet unsatisfied?



We can find all the "happy" things in this world to satisfy us, but only for a limited span of time. As I've watched doramas, movies and the like; read novels and other e-books, "happy endings" were shown; but to some authors, they've shown the truth in their fiction. Surprisingly, that "truth" I've said didn't surprise me at all. It's simple. I take things as logical as possible in every angle as long as I could justify it.



This song took me aback--since I have "nothing" as experience to this kind of "longing" and "crying" the song writer had written, it still had this adverse effect on me. As if I suddenly thought, "Oh wow, I could relate to this well?". Again, is it my instinct (if you call it that way) to "automatically put my shoes on someone else's"?



Humans like us were created like a machine fascinatingly in full detail, that every "gear" was synchronized to affect the rest of the "machines" in the "factory" wherein we were "tasked" to work efficiently so as for us not to be "dispatched" and "thrown" eventually...



Sounds a little stupid, ne? I do believe that's what is going on here on our "factory" the earth, our dwelling place.



I'd end this post saying that...





I'm too stupid to write stuff that seems unrelated under one title. D'oh!





0 comments:

Post a Comment