Saturday, December 8, 2012

Experiencing winter is not what we Singaporeans are used to. Rain is the closest we'll get & it's the only chance to take out the sweaters. Wellies, not ugg boots is what we'll wear. 

I don't normally experience harsh winter conditions even during my travels, so i was very ill-equipped when i visited UK early this year. It was towards the end of winter, and i thought my regular skincare would suffice.

I was SO wrong. My skin was SO dry, probably that's why i didn't have a holiday fling (anyone would be afraid of my skin flakes falling on them like snow).
At wit's end in UK, April with my dry skin.
I made a quick trip to the pharmacy and bought travel sized facial scrub and mask. Alas, they didn't help. I was so desperate that i contemplated shelling SGD 300 for a facial when i was in Switzerland. I decided to hold out to return to Porcelain Face Spa in Singapore.

My second winter trip in the year, i was a little more well-equipped. I learnt that a very rich moisturizer is essential in winter. What i use daily in Singapore is not sufficient because due to our climate here, we need skincare that is not oily.

I also felt that the scrub i was using while travelling was too harsh for winter. I thought i was sloughing away the dead skin, but in fact that dehydrates my face even more!
My skin was abit more hydrated in Finland, October this year.

After my return, i learned a new skincare tip! 

Porcelain's REVIVE contains beads to physically scrub away impurities with an advanced formula that makes use of natural enzymes to dissolve dead skin cells. While the motion stimulates microcirculation as i massage my skin, it gently lifts dissolved impurities and at the same time, pump nutrients deep into the skin. It is a non abrasive exfoliator, good for winter!

$98 for 50ml
I'm going to experience my third winter this year. This time, China where it's -8! Let's hope i'm three times wiser!

0 comments:

Post a Comment