Sunday, May 12, 2013

38 Weeks and Still Waiting...

I'm already 38 weeks pregnant as of today, election day in the Philippines. That is based on my LMP (aka Last Mestrual Period, or the first day of my last period before I got preggo) which was August 20, 2012. Since then I haven't bled. :D Anyways, I'm really getting impatient as we are all ready to see the baby that we named Robert Lemuel. All our hospital bags are packed, including his (baby boy's) and mom, dad and elder bro's. Everything is prepared already except for his crib which his dad will set-up tomorrow. And I haven't felt anything which is a sign of labor-- no pains yet, no contractions that are regular and also no bloody show. Most of my prego friends from GT already gave birth. Some are still on the way cos our due dates are close enough. I can't contain the impatience I'm having. I wanted to cuddle Robert and breastfeed him as I'm so ready and anxious at the same time. I also want to see Jethro's reaction with his baby bro and how he'll handle the lost attention. I never grew up with siblings or other kids as I'm an only child, so I would love to see his reaction :)

Most people said I better start walking already so as to hasten labor and make my baby come out. I believe Robert is also physically ready to come out. As of last ultrasound, he's almost 6 pounds. I think it will only be a few days before he reaches Jethro's newborn weight. So yesterday I already wanted to start walking preferably at night. However, we decided to go back home after shopping at NBC Tent last night. We all had a rough day. Waking up for church at 5:30 AM, going to church with total travel time of almost an hour drive, and attending church for 2 hours is really taxing. Add the visit to Angono Medics to see my uncle and then traveling to Taytay and going home... a few hours later we go to BGC for the mom's day dinner with my husband's family. We never got to rest, I also did laundry yesterday and my husband played with our hyperactive son. Oh well, at least last night I had a nice sleep of about 9 hours. Today I'm itching to go out for a walk, but husband would be voting at his precint in San Joaquin. I will have to wait for him to go back home and for night time to start then we should go walking here at our subdivision.

Tomorrow, I want to go out as well. If he decides to apply for his NBI Clearance at Robinsons, I would probably come with him and I'll walk around the mall for hours. Just circling and climbing stairs, I guess. I had no spare money for shopping as I already quit working for RareJob last May 8. I only earned a meager approximation of 5,000 pesos which is 1/3 of what I usually earn monthly. I want to try writing for Essays.ph, but technical writing isn't my forte (and I find their rules and keywords weird). So in short, I don't have the moolah to spend from now on. Although my credit card is cleared and ready to spend for July (3rd Quarter of 2013), I'm not yet sure whether I could go back to work on June. I have to schedule my Robert's feeding time first.

I might keep myself busy creating my breastfeeding plan and also reading pertinent articles and hand-outs I got from my seminars at the Medela House. I already decided that Robert will be exclusively breastfed. I will also watch the DVD free from my purchase of Medela Freestyle Pump. I'm so looking forward to doing this and bonding with our youngest. I can't wait to see you, Robert! Please come out soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment