Saturday, February 2, 2008

Manga Addiction PLUS!

    Thanks to my classmate in Socio 11 and new found friend Nice, I was influenced in the ever-famous world of Japanese Manga and Korean Manhwa. At first, I was hesitant. The last one I've read was when I was in High School, and it's Initial D. (compliments of John Karlo Pelayo. Haha!) Then I read what they term as Scanlations, this time, manga that were scanned and translated in English by fans for fans. (Similar to a fansub). However, this is limited since Manga publishers now tend to license their author's works.

    My first ever scanlated manga read (not through onemanga.com okay?) was KareKano given to me by Nice and Imadoki! (she gave me a whooping 16 GB of manga in 4 DVDs!). I was attached since then, and she taught me how to get Scanlations from IRC. Now, I myself downloaded a 10 GB worth Manga from IRC (illegal stuff... haha). It's just the beginning, since I've just started in a week's

    Now I'm reading the manga MARS (familiar, eh? Yeah. It's the basis for the Taiwanese drama Mars shown at QTV here in the Philippines). It's sooooo COOL! You gotta love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment