Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Excitement, Enrollment, Enchantment

I’m writing this post-enrollment post not only to say that CRS is still as crappy as ever, but also to hail UP-NCPAG for its outstanding enrollment assistance for this new academic year (kudos to the SC people).

I woke up as late as 12 PM only to realize that my “5 minutes more” mantra failed me in my quest to get a PE for this sem. So I screwed up bigtime, but then I still hoped that I’ll be on UP Diliman on time for the TriCol enlistment. So I settled to go for the goal by 12 by eating brunch with my parents. Not long after that, Hani came and joined me to school. Lei was also off to Miriam College, so we went along together.

Upon arriving at Katips, it was raining so hard that the jeepney’s “plastic cover” seemed to have flown out and got me a bit wet. Luckily, the terminal is under the flyover and so we had to walk shielded from the downpour. It was already 1:40 and we parted ways with Lei. Off to the campus we go. At 1:50 (and that was quick), the new road that was built from UP IS's grounds that was finally constructed led us to the campus proper. And so we stopped at Ylanan road only to take the shortcut Toj taught me to NCPAG—going through CSWCD. In a matter of minutes, we were to cross the road to NCPAG.

Emma kindly had my Form 5a printed before I came in (thanks Emma!) and so I went on with step 2. It was Prof Alampay who did the enlistment, and it was the first time that I saw him face to face. Hokay. So much for that. I texted mom to tell her that I needed them ASAP for the money. And so they hurried to school. It still rained so hard.

Minutes passed and CRS was down again. Everyone who hasn’t got their Form 5a’s printed were jinxed. Oh yes, they have to wait for it again. This glitch happened twice (as far as I recall). The longest process was at the e-Prerog, because of that glitch.

After the long wait, it was all smooth and I only have to wait a short 20-minute interval before I can write at my form 5a neatly. Yeah. I think I am already a master when it comes to filling up Form 5’s (because I’ve been doing this for 6 sems and 3 summers already!). I had to switch to another 191 section because Sir Florano’s was closed. Anyway, added money since it’s my only WF class and it’s morning. Yay me.

The rest of the processes and steps continued and I breezed through it. Thanks again to the NCPAG SC. Anyway, upon payment, it’s still raining hard I have to shield my Form 5 from the drops. I had to literally place it under my blouse. Lols to that.

We drove to SC and then had it paid through PNB. But then it closed before 4 PM and we had to be on the line at the Cashier. It was sad, because the cut-off happened before 5PM. I dunno if it really was until 4PM and they only catered because of the long uncut queue, but either way I’m happy because I was in the last 15 people. Yes, after that, I’m officially enrolled.

As my 4th year in UP nears, I promised myself to become a bit more responsible in acads. Oh, and I might try joining an org before leaving UP. But no, not only for the sake of being not the “orgless ones” in the campus but also of course to grant my lifelong dream (well not really). I do believe I should really join one lawfully in the long run. :) And this year, I’ll definitely apply one last time and NOT defer.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment