Sunday, April 19, 2009

I was walking along Robinsons Galleria Food Court earlier when I saw a kiosk named ____ Pac with Pacman’s (the game thing, not Manny P.) picture beside it. I laughed, and I told him that I read it wrong, I thought it was “Energy Pak” (see, I even forgot the kiosk’s name!). I realized I was really hooked at Mafia Wars, another of Facebook’s hundreds of thousands of applications. Everything I came across today simply reminded me of it. For instance, aside from the ____ Pac store, I also thought of the Chinese Action Film showed on the bus we were riding earlier as relevant to Mafia Wars—wherein it has scenes of gunfights and the like. I am so in to this game that every morning, this has been my ritual instead of Plurk. And every time I receive an Energy Pak, I am elated.

It’s not only me that is addicted to this browser game. Most of my Facebook friends are Mafia Wars people, and almost all of those 460+ people play the game and I don’t personally know them. When they send friend requests, the message included would be “Please add me on your Mafia”, “Mafia Wars :)”, “Join My Mafia: *insert their link here*”, and so many other variants of personal messages related to it. Yes, this has been a fad for many “war freaks” and this app has also been one of the most popular as of the moment. Well, Pet Society would still be the number one addictive game for many and next would be Restaurant City, but nonetheless, Mafia Wars belongs to the Top 5.

Since this is a fad, it will soon pass and later on, another browser game shall invade Facebook. I’m predicting that Mafia Wars will stand on the most played for just a year, or until all levels are mostly completed by everyone. But then again, the levels are never-ending and they keep on improving the whole set-up of the game. I bet the creators of Mafia Wars continue to think of innovations (such as gift of Loots and Vault Collections) so that no one of us current addicts will switch to another, or completely leave the game :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment