Thursday, January 24, 2013

I remember I wrote something about Bokura ga Ita as an anime many years ago. I started watching it in 2008 but ended up finishing it only in 2012. :) I usually finish anime right after downloading it. I don't know why I didn't want to finish watching it. Probably because I'm scared of a sad ending-- as it mirrors my relationship with my first (and last) boyfriend. But, it turns out, after all the drama is a very happy ending (as  I read the manga). Now, just as I finished reading the manga online, a movie was released as live action of the story. 

Since I wasn't able to post screenshots for my Bokura Ita-ed post from 2008, I will finally do with the movie I watched-- Bokura ga Ita 1 or Bokura ga Ita: Zenpen. The movie has a part 2, Bokura ga Ita: Kouhen, which has the parts in the manga that were not aired on anime.

And, because it's almost the "Love Month"and I'm feeling loved more than ever, let me also share a story about my continuing love life. :D

Definitely sweet "strolls" in campus :) As a part of a high school couple, me and my hubby shared the same scenes inside our school building. It was prohibited to have a romantic relationship--but we kept it good for a couple of months. 

We also often go on movies after class or after Periodical Tests.  :) 

We also held hands like this! :D

I wrote so many posts in my blog about my relationship with my then boyfriend, now hubby. From 2005, I even had this post about their house :D During this time, we weren't yet together. I never would have thought we'd end up together, as he was currently courting openly a dance troupe member who one of our classmates. During that time, I admit I was average-looking and I don't even bother doing kikay stuff. I never wore anything on my face except that daily face powder and petroleum jelly (my lips would often chap and I'm no fan of Chapstick). My hair is poorly combed once daily--after bath, and no retouches. I'm so plain that I wouldn't believe some guys from my previous classes really dig me (oh yes, I've had a fair share of suitors too even with that look!). I haven't really put our love story into writing so here it goes:

I was a geek, he was a gamer. We both came from different worlds. I never thought we'd share a relationship so great that I only had one boyfriend for the last 5 years. I came from a Protestant family and it did not really make sense if I enter a Catholic school. But I insisted on leaving my ex-school, a Christian school, because of some issues. We never met on campus during those times except for one connection we sure thought was "destiny". I was a straight-A student back in 2003, and I was selected for a Mathematics special class for students. Together with the other best students from other classes, we would study advanced maths on weekends on a random classroom in the high school building. The cozy room selected by our teacher is a blue classroom from the 2nd floor. I looked around and selected a seat.  Something caught my eye--a full-page printout of Final Fantasy VIII with Rinoa Heartily's angelic face. I am a fan of Final Fantasy during that time and I am pretty amazed on the seat cover of that chair. The plastic cover was neatly arranged, and in comparison to my Shaman King (anime) themed seat cover, it was awesome. I sat on that seat for the rest of the MTAP program, and little did I know, that seat was my future husband's. :)

Anyway, (going to the part where we met) we became classmates 2 years after. He was one of the most popular guys who hosted soirees in their house. Our classmates, actually one clique with the most number of people, usually hang out in their village and swam at their clubhouse. I was the leader of another clique of unpopular kids, my friends who also liked anime and are single. I never really liked him because he's a little aloof, and also I didn't like the people he hung out with. I got to talk to him for only a few times personally. One was when he asked for my mobile number because of a review class for ACET. We studied in the same review center, AHEAD Galleria, but we never met due to the schedule difference. And the other time was when my 3rd year classmate introduced to me her "crush", showing a prom photo of a guy who did look familiar on the AHEAD UPCAT refresher. And that was him, who casually said hi to us before he sat down somewhere. Honestly, I didn't find him that attractive, until I really got to talk to him.

During the 2nd quarter of the school year, our class organized a play entitled "The Dancers". I wasn't really assigned to do some acting, and I volunteered to just direct the background music and other sounds and lights. He was one of the main cast, and he was quite active with class activities. That's when he first caught my eye. During rehearsals, he's very friendly and kind. And then later on, we became text mates. He actually got my number for the review, but then he started acting friendly with texts and good morning greets. We talked about our entrance tests and mostly stuff about school. I realized that my girl friends liked him-- they were attracted to him since the beginning of classes. That probably got my attention too. I really felt as if we just shared him as a crush and I was influenced.

We learned after retreat that he was courting our classmate. It was heartbreaking, at least for us girls who liked him. And we said, oh it's time to move on and have another crush--a classmate who looks cool. Anyway, he had the greatest proposal for our classmate. He gave her a very large teddy bear and a boquet of flowers, plus a sweet letter in a card asking her to be his girl. I was devastated when I saw it in our classroom, I didn't mind of course I had no right. But later on, we learned that our classmate didn't answer back to his feelings but wrote him a letter, saying "You'll find the right person for you in no time". And it was me :)). (He shared this letter to me on 2007, he pasted it on our "diary").

Around October, we were really constantly checking out on each other thru SMS. One rehearsal night, our class planned to attend mass together as it was required for religion class. Most of our classmates backed out suddenly. To my surprise, he invited me since I was the only one who wanted to go, too. We went together and I was really happy. I already had a crush on him since September, and with the Ama Namin, I sort of scored my first hold hands with him. I was ecstatic when I came back home, and we also started to share about a lot of stuff in our life and all other random things. He asked about my hobbies, my favorite food and TV shows. He made a hasty comment on how cute I was, and I was thrilled. And during that time, we already exchanged our Yahoo! Messenger accounts. Around late October, I went to his house for the first time. My yaya, Ate Marites, really encouraged me to pursue my feelings.

October came to an end with a blast because we went out and watched a movie. This was My Sassy Girl: Tagalog Dubbed version. Much to my delight, he treated me to another movie which I chose-- Vic Sotto's Ispiritista: Itay, May Moomoo!. He even treated my yaya for the second movie when she came to Robinsons to pick me up after our movie. I did not tell my mom I was going out with him and I told him I was with my best friend. Anyway, he also went grocery shopping with me as my mother had me do some errands. He was the perfect gentleman during our "gala". We did not call it a date, of course.

November came and it was my birth month. It was indeed, my month. We often chatted for hours in YM, and we never talk in school. The rumor of our movie watching scattered like wildfire in our classroom. Many of our classmates from his clique asked me if it was real. My friends were cheering on me about the progress of our relationship. We were never really friends to begin with. Of course, people in our class were all shocked to learn that we had a budding relationship. As I've said, we never talked in person. It just happened online and via SMS. We still continued our hidden friendship, and sometimes he would hang out with me and my clique during lunch breaks and when we make our Rosary project. One time, we talked about the Tagalog version of My Sassy Girl's theme song, "I believe" sung by Jimmy Bondoc. We already exchanged mp3s of Numa Numa and I shared this with him. I challenged him to do something for me when we chatted one night-- sing to me the Tagalog version.

I pestered him one day in the classroom, and to my surprise on November 19 he called me at night. Before that, we went to a birthday party of my friend and our classmate in Taguig. Together with my BFF Carlos, we rode the jeep from Simbahan to Taguig. I was surprised he joined us as he was just randomly invited by my friend. And we had a blast during the party. We would sit together, though we aren't talking much. Going back to the night of November 19, he said on the phone that he was ready to sing after I sent him the lyrics online. He really did it for me. :) I was so thrilled as I listen to his singing voice (not the best, but tolerable). He only sang the chorus part and I was awed. How could I have made him do that? My friends bet that he must've already liked me.

Of course I did not believe as he still was probably enamoured to our classmate he previously courted. They still hang out after class on his house together with their clique. But 6 days later, it was proved that he actually likes me back. It all started with an SMS joke if we were to have a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, what would our "monthsary" be. He eagerly answered that it would definitely be "25" or "26" because it's approaching midnight. I was stunned by his response. I just replied, "Okay 25 it is". The next morning, it was official. He still greeted me with the same good morning style of text, we still talked as if nothing happened. Not until we went to class the next morning. That made it official. Our friends asked him about it and he confirmed it by mouth. We actually hid the relationship as it was not allowed by the school and my mom would not be happy about it.

We went on our first date on the 28th as a couple and watched our first movie date, Chicken Little. And yes, the rest is history! A month after (2006), I met his family on his 17th birthday, we had our first "monthsary" dinner date at Max's Pasig Simbahan (which is now gone), our mothers met during card distribution (his mom, my MIL, said I was his inspiration that his grades are higher-- he became part of the top 10 with me), our families met during family day and so on...

Almost 8 years had passed and we will have our 3rd wedding anniversary soon. I still have the hots for this man (oh yes, he's a full-grown man now haha) and he does have for me too (I'm feeling so much confidence) :P

Here are some of our photos from 2005-present.

our first couple photo together! taken in late 2005 at Market! Market!. we used to go to studios and get our photos taken many times a year :) that was the time when smartphones aren't popular and phone cams are bad.

Taken in 2006 at our family living room, he spent Christmas Day with us. he sported a long hair during that time :))
2007 photo taken at a studio in Robinsons Galleria. I really was addicted to K-culture (thus the fingers lol). 
Photo taken at a studio in Robinsons Galleria around 2008. his hair grew long again after the shorter haircut in 2007.

One photo taken again in our living room in 2009. My mom took this photo as usual. This was summer period, before we had our baby :) 
2010 photo is something from our wedding album. Taken by my sister-in-law during our reception at Bistro Mateo, Frontera Verde :D

Selca from 2011, when we went clubbing at 7th high for their school party. Oh yes, that's our first time inside a club. Haha.


2012 photo taken by my sister-in-law again during our short trip to Singapore. :D

Photo taken by my mom for 2013 during our trip in Shenzhen, China. Now, we don't have the couple photos that much because we're a growing family now. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment