Tuesday, January 8, 2013

This is an overdue post about my class last Saturday at Make-up Designory Manila aka MUD and I really had fun meeting girls with zero experience in make-up. Our instructor is Ms. Myr Lim, and she has a blog. She's already posting photos of her students from last year's class :) I hope she posts our class' photo soon too.

Anyway, aside from being professional, Ms. Myr is also a fun teacher. Our class wasn't boring to think it was about 7 hours from 10AM until 6PM (with a lunch break around 1 till 2). The whole class covered a lot of things, starting from Eyebrows to Falsies. We had discussed how to analyze our skintone for the perfect blend of foundation so that it would make this "glow" in our face. MUD cream foundations are really nice. My tone is GY1 (it's the 4th level of darkness lol) as I am a morena.

Here is my "notes" with random captions all over the paper haha. This is actually the schedule of the class. There are other handouts given to us in another set of papers.
So here is another set of the haul I got from Purbeauty :) I think it cost me around 3800 pesos. I bought the Beauty Blender beforehand. It's now my favorite sponge. I let go of the wedge sponges I bought just because I think this is enough.

My newfound love. :D This cost 2500 something, but if you only buy the sponge online with Purbeauty's promo, you can get it for only 900 pesos! :D The Beauty Blender creates an airbrush-like effect on your foundation.
Red corrector #3
Corrector box



Red corrector #3 for my pimples and pimple marks




What complements GY1 is the Desert loose powder. This is to set the foundation.

GY1 inside :D

This suits my skin. It makes me have this pretty olive tone

Cover of the GY1 cream foundation

Taupe colored eye pencil-- this is cream based and you can use it with the brush for the eyebrows too. Also good as eyeliner of course. 
Blue corrector #3

Blue Corrector #3 for my eyebags :D
There is one item missing and that's the MUD Primer. I'm getting it tomorrow. :) I want it because if I use the Neutrogena moisturizer, the foundation doesn't seem right. And yes, what complements MUD products are MUD too. :D

I didn't have a before and after look, but here is my Day Makeup photo :D I used a green eyeshadow and some red violet lippie (it's an MUD brand, I did not bring any make-up for this class). I think green best compliments my pink floral dress for the day :) I did get compliments from my husband and yes, that's enough for me :D he said I looked better than my previous makeup class for mineral makeup. Oh, I now love cream-based cosmetics haha!


Oh, I didn't have the night makeup-- aka the smokey look. It was actually what my husband saw because he picked me up after my class. I had falsies also with that look and he didn't like me wearing falsies when he realized the falsies were about to be removed lol. But yeah, as mentioned earlier, it is his comment that matters the most. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment