Sunday, March 15, 2009

As I was texting my boyfriend about random things such as Plurk’s  (funkydance)

(funkydance), he made me realize something about those social networking sites, and all that. Yup, he gave me an instant idea. Tonight, I’ll write about it. It’s what I term as the Internet Pyramiding Scheme. This is what we locally term as “social networking”. How does it work? Well, you all know that. Starts from spamming your friends’ emails and of your online pals as well. Then the email spreads and sometimes, it will send multiple times. Of course, there’s also the pyramiding within the pyramid already. This applies to FB games, and FS app invitations. Yeah, this is quite true, but haven’t we realized that it’s something like this? I bet you did, and I will elaborate on it.

So why does it bother me now?

Basically, it’s quite normal for us already. When we play games or apps, we have this option to “invite” friends or to skip, and also when we create new accounts, and more exactly, we receive them in our mails (mostly in the spam box). But then again, we do actually “bite” into these. Curiosity hits us and then we can’t stop clicking. It’s like a new fad or something, and we automatically will join. Peer pressure? In stuff? I dunno. Anything could be a reason, and it actually varies.

Some people I know could resist these social networking knickknacks. I do believe they have a relative good net discipline and self-control. Oh yea, good luck to us who continue to be slaves of the “links”, “invites” and the rest of them. May we all be in peace. I can’t say anything now. I guess I’ll just have to sleep… :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment