Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I haven't really talked about this trip I had last December 30-January 2. Actually, this was the most difficult trip I've ever had abroad. Aside from my pregnancy, several factors affected my total satisfaction with the trip: the cold weather in Hong Kong and Shenzhen, the bad hotel we had at Shenzhen, the delay of Philippine Airline's flight PR 311 from 10PM-12:30AM, and the food in Shenzhen. The best trip for me is still the Hong Kong trip I had last 2009 with my parents. Best hotels (we stayed inside Disneyland--Hollywood Hotel), great food, nice flight and I was single. Just kidding about the last part ;)


some of the pages in the Photobook I'm making. no captions yet, I'm too lazy.


I had the chance to write this today as I was finishing my Photobooks for the trips I had in 2012. I bought 2 vouchers from Groupon last year and the purpose of it was really for these trips. The idea of having the voucher came from my sisters-in-law, who had already bought so much and gave us vouchers for my son's 2nd birthday. I had to try the software in my Windows PC before, and it was user-friendly. Now, for my Mac, I downloaded the software and it was way better than last year. I also love the readybooks that I used. Photobook Worldwide has the best selection and also easy transaction for people who aren't artistic like me.

Photobook Designer for Mac.


We welcomed the New Year for the first time in a foreign land and it wasn't as good as Philippine New Year with all the fireworks across the neighborhood. Although I must say, the fireworks display at Hong Kong Disneyland around 9PM is probably something I would always have in my dear memory. It was so wonderful. :D But yeah, I didn't like Mainland China that much. I don't like the "Kung fu toilet" and the reception of the people there to tourists. The Shenzhen Immigration is still scary, BUT, I must say their service is fast. 

I just couldn't stand the cold inside the hotel. I have been to Baguio before, but it was on a summer so it wasn't as cold as 6 degrees celsius. But anyway, the hotel has no air conditioner to warm us up nor temperature control. The staff also spoke only a few English words and generally almost everyone except the tourguide do not speak English. It's way better in Hong Kong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment