Thursday, December 25, 2008

Simply Addictive

Songs of the Japanese people had invaded my mind since the beginning of my otaku career. Everyday, it's sure for a Japanese song to play continuously in my mind. That is what we termed as a "virus" when we were in 5th grade. Back then, the term "LSS" or "Last Song Syndrome" hasn't been coined yet. And also, back then, we rely on Tape recordings or Cassette Tapes to be exact for our song needs. We record the TV songs of the anime series we loved to watch.

The simplemindedness we had was trivial to how we loved the Japanese culture. Oftentimes, like how the fan my friend JM was for TTK to the point of having dreams with them also happened to me when we were 10 years old. I told Kog and Jeanne Frances every single Weiss Kreuz crossover with Escaflowne dreams I had, and those dreams occur in episodes. My imagination ran wild during those times. As I recall, there was this weird dream about the Weiss Kreuz guys being chased by Merle of Escaflowne, and they were... selling deodorants. I could only laugh at the plots of my dreams. To us, they must be real. And they must be happening.

Singing anime songs had been a daily ritual for us back then. Whether it be a solo, duet, or trio we would sing our hearts while remembering the episode yesterday, chatting on it even through the telephone. Anime endings or finales would make our hearts cry our and of course, literally we cried. Sentimentality among us ruled as we reminisce the episodes, or even as we talked of our dreams about them. They seemed real in our own paradise.

Indeed, anime has brought us all of the happiness we could remember with our strong and close ties with each other. And through the years, we still remember what kinds of addicts we were. During our high school we were separated upon my transfer to another school. But we never forget. Oftentimes, our topic would still be the same on our phone calls and YM sessions. We never forgot about them. If an anime character we loved celebrates his or her birthday, we greet each other with that. They are all special to us. Hence, simply addictive would be the term. Over and over, these things fill our hearts with little joys.

We love anime. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment