Monday, December 22, 2008

Hail to Ken Hidaka-- the precursor of my anime crushes, my first true love and forever will be my anime love. His brown eyes and hair had first attracted me when I was a 5th grader at Pasig Christian Academy.

From the moment I saw him on GMA 7, I knew it was love. I have fallen for an anime character madly for the first time, and thus I branded him as mine. Following that, the OKAY barkada came about-- Omi, Ken, Aya, Yohji-- but later on we decided to remove Yohji since he's not cute for us. The barkada became OKAV then-- Omi Tsukiyono of Weiss Kreuz, Ken Hidaka of Weiss Kreuz, Aya/Ran of Weiss Kreuz, Van Fanel of Escaflowne. Each letter corresponded to each member's "love" way back then.

Many anime crushes had followed Ken, but no one of them replaced him in the top spot. At some point, I almost rejected him. This was when the time Slam Dunk came to local Philippine Television. I fell for Rukawa Kaede's charm. He became the number one crush for 2 school years. Then Yoh Asakura came and replaced him. That was another 1 and a half year, because Uchiha Sasuke arrived. My world was shook. Sasuke-kun became the number one crush, and I therefore named him as the Ultimate Anime Crush. No other anime character removed him from the spot. Up to this point, 4 years standing, Sasuke-kun is still the anime crush.

I decided to keep Ken Hidaka, of course. He's so memorable. My addiction of him lasted for a good 2 years, but no one really replaced him as my one true love in anime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment