Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Afternoon Dreams

My heart thumps faster and I cannot tell why. Oh, is this the pressure on 131 still living within the recesses of my mind? Duh. Tell me about it.

I only woke up having a dream of a weird building with 30 floors (or was it 45), and I was there in an elevator with my mom and my girl friend’s ex-boyfriend. We were talking when I pressed wrong buttons, and ending up skyrocketing to the 70th or was it 80th floor. I tried to prevent it from totally crashing up, and I pulled a sort of emergency trigger (a rope). It did help, a bit, and the next thing was our crashing down the opposite direction, with some rope triggering I avoided total instantaneous crash, but it was of no help. Was it a negative floor I clicked? I just saw my side (head) bleeding, so heavily I had to run in circles checking if the people I’m with are okay. The worst part? I thought we were all dead and that it was my soul who wanders around asking for questions.

Why are we on that building anyway? There’s a grand debut. I don’t know if it was C’s sister Viel’s or some other classmate’s sister. We were there to attend and they impose strict rules on invites and the “bouncers” check everyone who come in. I saw a few batch of high school classmates watching the event through a screen outside the ballroom, with formal wear and that. A “bouncer” let them in, finally after some screening. I stood in awe as I was in a separate staircase, watching the screen of the happenings in the debut and of course the roster of people I know there.

Okay, so the elevator event was supposedly next. Then, I just found myself riding a green jeep out of the place—which in fact was UP Diliman Campus! I was surprised by it. Then the green jeep went as far as EDSA Central! Omg. It was crazy! I asked for directions and I saw a terminal of several jeepneys with no Pasig Palengke on it. I saw a few people I know: Meicy, and a couple of her friends. Then I suddenly wondered when I saw an old classmate from PCA—Mickey. Mickey Mouse, I even referred to him. I called him out and I was asking him what had happened to him. Then we talked of a certain classmate and he told me he died. I could not believe. I even told Mickey I just saw him in an event at school where he attended one of my classes. Okay, so our conversation was over. I went back to the terminal only to find the Pasig jeeps gone.

Next scene was Meicy and her group holding beddings. I asked, What? You’re going to sleep here? Then she said, Yeah, we stay here. The next jeep’s in the morning. I went away, and I also saw Renee my classmate trying to sleep as well. Oh my, I have to go home, I muttered to myself. So I rushed to the lady in the uniform and there was a sort of MRT station near there, and she had me assisted. After that she talked to a security guard and have given me specific instructions on how to go home.

The dream ended when I heard a YM conversation sound. Pop it went, and I opened the laptop lid. Ooh, so there it was. I didn’t know if I managed to go home. Hmn. I guess I did. But I didn’t know if the people I was with in the elevator managed to be alive like me. Probably not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment