Thursday, February 5, 2009

In the Nick of TIME

6 am, my biological clock worked. I settled in front of my Tablemate (TM) and opened the laptop. Light seeped into my eyes. I started working with the paper I had been doing since yesterday—it only has one short paragraph as an introduction. Before starting, I reviewed the MTPDP, closed all other YM windows, read some unread messages while I’m asleep, and finally checked my torrents. Suddenly, everything just occurred to me as if I was possessed by a writing ghost. My fingers worked quickly across the keyboard, and in thirty minutes, I finished 2 pages. Just the right amount of pages for a reaction paper.

I roamed around the house for a couple of minutes. The people have just woke up. I ran outside to see Shabutaro. He was as usual murderously playing with Butchik. I came to them and of course Shabu-chan succumbed to my presence. What a relief. He stopped gnashing Butchik. Breakfast was served, I ate quite a lot. God, I was happy I am still alive to this day.

When I returned to the PC only to be bothered by something else, I recalled what I have dreamed of. Sure, I’ve got lots of anime dreams lately—it’s a way of escape too. I’d let myself imagine a lot: it helps me think of future fanfiction plots. I really found something very interesting in my dreams; they seem to envelop my reality. It’s as if it’s right straight into my dream. The conversations were as real as it could get. The lingering sensations just had me wondering in the aftermath. I would even spend some time pondering of what had happened. This is normal. And it is abnormal.

I still find it hard to close paragraphs and essays. I usually left them hanging. Elementary school taught us to write the conclusion in a manner where you tell the moral of the story, or something that you learned. High school just made it more complex, but the result is still the same. College did make me think of ways to end it beautifully. As of now, what I could only write in ending of essays is the final question in the posted guidelines. Strictly speaking, I follow rules. Creativity has long gone. Too much corruption of the mind…it led me to nothing but illusions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment