Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Mango Shake

I wouldn’t wonder why my head aches this much tonight. Earlier, it’s my treat again, and I ordered nilagang baka. He ordered just palabok. So we ate again together, under the heat of the sun outside the cafeteria. There were peculiarly many people that lunchtime, and we bet they’re not UP students (or NCPAG Students to say the least). He finished first as usual, and I continued chatting with him while he does his Accounting 1 assignment. I wanted to take his picture while seriously engaged in his school work, but honestly I can’t make myself do it. It’s quite embarrassing.


I saw the Ate bringing some halo-halo to the unknown people beside us. Well, our table for two is located at the corner on the door’s side, and so I could practically see the delivered food to other people. So I told him, I wanted halo-halo but not the ube, and all I finish up is the leche flan. He chuckled, and told me that he also dislikes the ube flavor—but is eating the ube itself. When we talked about the ice cream, it was agreed that we both dislike it. Next deliveries were fruit shakes of  different flavors. I kinda craved for it again, and told him that. He offered to go and buy me my drink—my choice whether the usual cola, halo-halo or the fruit shake. So I happily took my purse and gave him 25 pesos.


He asked me what flavor of the shake will he order. I replied Mango instantly, and if there’s no Mango, anything will do but Strawberry and Ube. So he nodded and briskly walked back to the inner cafeteria. He returned only with the number 15, and we chatted again. The sun continued burning us to dehydration, so when I noticed he’s almost done with his assignment, I told him to go back inside with me. He agreed, and we continued chatting inside. The minutes we spent outside in the heat really made me feel sick. He laughed when I said that I’ll catch a cold under the heat of the sun.


After some meaningful talk, I asked him to follow-up the order. He did, and he noticed the pasta we’ve been waiting for. We both sighed in disappointment. The pasta came when we’re just done with our food. We checked the time, and I said it’s too late for me to come to 113. So we stayed till my shake returned. I was busy texting that time that I couldn’t drink it ASAP. He joked about how the shake might turn out, and I laughed, unable to start drinking. Then he took away from me the shake and threatened that he might take it to his next class (since my class is at the library). We had this bullying streak again. When I whined, he stopped and gave it back to me. After a few sips, I wanted to go to class, and he took it again from me, this time telling me that it’s his and he’ll take it with him. I snatched it away from me and told him that when I drank half of it, it’s his.


But he stood up and told me he’ll be late and he’s disappointed he didn’t have my shake’s remaining content. I smiled as he bade goodbye. He promised we’ll chat later, so I nodded in agreement. And so, that was the story of the Mango Shake…

0 comments:

Post a Comment