Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Best Damn Weirdest Thing

My Wednesdays and Fridays won’t be complete without a treat from him or from me. As the days passed by this semester, I do feel that he’s slowly becoming a part of my system. Although our conversations have not much changed since then—our relationships, school work, anime, random life experiences, likes, hates, people we do know a lot, psychology… it doesn’t seem to matter anymore. What’s becoming more important is the weird thing that you can see when we’re together: we seem to enjoy each other’s company. We both hated walking under the heat of the sun and the long paths we take are seemingly endless yet easy to walk through. With some conversation, insults, and other abnormal stuff we seem to get along well. I don’t really get what made me come with him to a hike somewhere in the campus at noon, and maybe he doesn’t understand why he has to take me to bus stops or jeep routes. Sometimes, he’ll pull my bag and prevent me from riding the next trip. Sometimes, I’ll simply walk away, looking back with a smile at his direction. We would oftentimes just stare blankly at the dusty or grassy path we’re trudging. Or I would occasionally stare his way without knowing why, until he asks me and I reply a simple shaking of my head unconsciously.

Lunchtime during 1 pm of Wednesdays and Fridays have always been the same too. It would either be pasta or something that we could see that’s interesting and palatable. We recently identify whose turn is it now to treat, and we would oftentimes adore the shiny coins we get from the counter. He would show me his collection of those and I’ll try and grab them from him. He’ll do some evil laugh and sometimes he’ll notice why I suddenly jerked my feet, or when I clumsily lose my balance along the way we take. He would laugh at my perks and also when I hurt myself unintentionally because of my carelessness. I’d almost trip along the road and he’ll look back as if in concern. Whenever I felt cold, he’d surely notice and say something about the temperature at the room where we’re in. He’ll glance occasionally and talk to me about something random, his characteristic being consistently random. I’ll get pretty confused with his psychological analysis of stuff and I’ll just nod and agree to some things he would speak of. In the end, it will just be something regarding me and my relationship or some experiences he had encountered different from mine.

We notice almost everything around us when we walk. It’s kinda weird, but at the same time I feel happy. Sometimes, I want to ask myself whether he really likes going out with me on the road to walk somewhere, or if I really waste his time meaningfully or maybe if he had finished his studies and research. I’d also wonder if I have something interesting with me besides my peculiar character. He’d smile when we’re together, not like when he’s sleeping in class or not like with the common classroom laughs we have. It seems different, yet somehow, it' feels natural. Would I be able to understand him as time passes by? It’s so weird, yet somewhat this is the best thing that had happened or maybe… one of the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment