Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Dreamed of my Teeth Pulled Out

Oh yeah. I don’t know why I do wonder about this, but long time ago, I heard that when you dreamed of your tooth being pulled out, it means death of someone… and so I tried researching about my dream last night that went like this:

I had my front teeth (the one beside the 2 larger ones on the right side) gone, and I could even tell that it bled a little. I could taste blood, and it’s as if something’s about to grow back there (another tooth, I suppose). And then the other one was the large molar at the back of my right side. This time, I can see the tooth clearly and it’s large and funky—it has spikes and as if it was designed to be an ornament. I stared at that tooth for a while, and I touched the gum from where it was pulled out. That one was forcedly pulled out, while the other (the one at front and that I didn’t see) just fell out of its place. I was talking to my mother about the ‘funky tooth’ as I stared at it all the time… and then the dream ended.

What I saw at Yahoo! Answers didn’t quite satisfy my curiosity:

I was watching a programme last week and it said if you dream of anything to do with your teeth it possibly means your slightly vain or maybe feeling slightly self conscious. –michela m

i think i've read that dreaming about teeth is a sign of being sexually frustrated. –applexdapple

You are going to be forced to do something that you won't like, but it might be good for you. –richardyarnell

Dream of teeth pulling out is a symbol of losing control. There are certains in your life that you can't contro of. Projecting teeth being pulled out shows you that you are out of control. It could involve communication, things you want people to be aware, and very often you are ignored. –YourDreamDoc

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Teeth can be a symbolic reference to your sense of confidence and competence in the waking world. Losing teeth heralds a time of transition between one phase of life and another. It's about losing innocence or rather becoming more mature; emotonally, spiritually, psychologically. It's about changes happening on their own accord all in good timing.
When you smile, this is what people see. When you choose to pull your teeth - this could signify that you are trying to please others with your "appearance" or rather, you are consciously making an effort to improve yourself in regards to how others perceive you; emotionally, spiritually, mentally and even physically. -
StarStuffs ☆♥☆

Okay. So in all of these, I don’t seem to relate to any situation. I wonder when it takes effect, or something like that. So I decided to check on other sites:

TEETH:

My most popular requests for dream interpretation are by far, dreams about teeth falling out. Apparently this is quite disturbing to people who have this dream...they simply MUST know what it means! In my experience, a dream about one's teeth falling out usually symbolizes that the dreamer is having a challenge getting their voice heard, or feelings acknowledged. This may be referring to their conversations with a particular person such as their significant other, boss, or friend; or can be generalized for people who are shy, to include almost everyone they come in contact with. The dreamer needs to brush up on conversational skills, believe in the value of their own opinion, learn how to be less intimidated by aggressive people, and become more assertive and make their voice heard. Once they do that, this dream (which is a common recurring dream) should evolve & show improvement...or disappear altogether.

Although most people I hear from seem to find the above interpretation of the teeth theme fits their situation, there have been a few who think it's not quite right for them. I received the following email from a savvy visitor who eloquently shared with me what she believes the symbol means for her, and I think it's so good that I want to share it with all of you. Dream symbols must be personalized for each individual person, so general interpretations don't always fit the bill, like I've said repeatedly throughout this site. Please remember this, and remember to interpret your entire dream's context and not just an isolated symbol. -http://dreamemporium.com

Teeth dreams  - "My Teeth Are Falling Out"

Dreams that your teeth are falling out are the most common dreams we here at Dream Moods receive. Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumbling in your hands or your teeth falling out one by one with just a light tap. Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Other Perspectives

A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.

In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.

According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.

It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money.

Source: http://dreammoods.com

For one tooth to fall out, foretells disagreeable news; if two, it denotes unhappy states that the dreamer will be plunged into from no carelessness on his part. If three fall out, sickness and accidents of a very serious nature will follow.To dream that you pull one of your teeth and lose it, and feeling within your mouth with your tongue for the cavity, and failing to find any, and have a doctor for the same, but to no effect, leaving the whole affair enveloped in mystery, denotes that you are about to enter into some engagement which does not exactly please you, and which you decide to ignore, but will later take it up and secretly prosecute it to your own disquieting satisfaction and under the suspicion of friends.Source: 10 000 Dream Interpretations, by Gustavus Hindman Miller

Nah. I got enough of these interpretations. I’ll just let it be. :D

Whatever happens, I still have my real, tangible teeth here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment