Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bored Days Flings

Fling - a brief casual relationship.

             -Wikipedia

I guess I better recognize some people who had been in my life when I strayed from someone else… wait. Is it really something like straying? No. I mean, duh. Whatever. Who’ll care? We do not remember each other now. Nor does he know about it.

So once in my life as a College gal, I tried going back to other chatrooms I haven’t visited for a long time. And I was, at that time also using BearShare as my downloader which has chat features. I did search for guys my age (I was 17 back then) and started chatting with them. These are parts of the things I did that I remember:

*Take note that no one of them knew my real name. Maybe a few of them, but mostly they call me Aya, my YM nick and also in Bearshare. All these are the ones I gave or got my number. There are lots of others that are just in my list but I didn’t really find interesting, that’s why they didn’t have my number.*

1. I met Jasper at Bearshare. He looked fine in his pic, so I talked to him and that. Okay. So we did come to the point of texting each other. His service provider was Smart. I had a Smart sim back then. He is an anime fan too. He also called our home. I heard he’s a 4th year high school dude from Antipolo. We continued talking till January. Ended too soon.

2. Next was the guy named Bryan. This one’s quite persistent. He does want me for a girlfriend, but I refused mainly because I do not know him and I have a principle of not hooking with guys that I just met randomly. Besides, I have a boyfriend that time. He still pursued that, I didn’t waver. Well, he even asked for a term like 100 days before I agree. Didn’t work for me. Ultimately, we stopped talking and texting.

3. Alex was next. Was he someone I knew from a friend? I don’t know. His providers are Sun and Globe. Somewhat persistent, but I turned him down earlier on. We just became friends and text pals. Did not last, though he still sends forwarded quotes. Okay. So he said things like he likes me. Whatever.

4. Gelo is another guy from Bearshare. He’s attractive, however he has Smart sim alone. Anyway, we texted as soon as I had the smart sim. He seems alright, but then… I thought again. He’s younger. So scrap it.

5. Joel is a friend of a friend’s cousin. I was wondering why that friend gave my Globe number knowing I’m in a relationship of that sort. Anyway, he’s quite a time killer and he asks many questions. I tried to answer almost all with honesty but of course it’s not good to be a tell-it-all. He has also a Sun Sim and we often talk with that. But it also ended the next year.

6. Jospeph is another guy who has smart sim. I’m not quite familiar with him, but I’m pretty sure I chatted with him at YM’s Metro Manila Barkada room (I don’t know what number). Ended quickly. Not quite interesting.

7. Light was his nickname, and I don’t even remember if he told me his real name. We met at Japanese Animation 3, and become instant buddies even before I loved Death Note. I thought he’s Kira Yamato, so I reacted and he then replied he’s from Death Note. Okay so there was instant connection. We’re accidentally both Freshmen in college and we had lots of commonalities. He got my number and we exchanged a few words at mobile. Did not last though.

8. His name is quite weird, but I guess it’s a nick. He was called Milez, and he’s from Bearshare. We talked a bit in chat, but mostly we’re mobile. He’s actually Globe. Another guy my age, we had some things that are common. But in the end, it wasn’t that useful.

9. Riou (Paulo) is someone I met during my 1st year high school days. We had lots in common that time—extreme addiction for anime songs, current situation… but we really had to know those when we’re in 4th year, after a brief YM chat (we’re already on each others’ lists). We had a lot of fun times talking in our Sun Sims, even texted using globe, and that happened till summer before College. I heard he got admitted at DLSU and is still there. Happy for him, but now we do not talk.

10. Tetsuya Akiziwa was his said name, and he told me he’s a half-Japanese. He’s the only guy I met with eyeball, and the only guy I talked to using internet phone. He’s actually hot, if I may judge his looks. Using a globe number, we texted to meet at BK Robinsons Galleria. I was at that time with my boyfriend. He knew I have one, but he still pursued me. Anyways, I didn’t agree to him other than the EB. We were watching Beowulf that time, and it was reserved seating, so he chose to sit at the seat beside me. We texted during the film (I guess because of the lighting of our mobiles my boyfriend noticed we knew each other). He gave me a ribbon pendant (an accessory,) and he even calls our house after that. Not that it gave him false hope when I met him, because I clearly told him that I can’t cheat on my boyfriend as he wants me to. A war between our ideals broke our communication and that was it.

11. Vincent Yang was a catchy person’s name in my list. I knew him also way back, maybe during 2nd year or 3rd year High School. We just had a long talk when we’re in college. He also studies at DLSU that time, and he had a Sun sim. We talk, text during class. I must admit that among all these guys, he’s the one I’m really attracted to. He looks pretty fine for a Chinito. Haha. But both of us are in relationships. We had thoughts of giving it up… Oh well, I had sins because of him. I better not tell it here then.

12. Zeal will be the last one I could remember. He’s someone from Bearshare that eventually was added to my YM. We also texted and he’s Globe. Nothing much that make him be remembered.

Right now, I have no connection in all of them except that they’re in my mobile phone (numbers) and in my YM list. There are others like them but didn’t get my number. That made my Friends list in YM go as high as 400. These guys are just to fill up the emptiness I felt about my relationship way back in 2006 and 2007. Well, I kinda got over the problems now. I bet there could only be a few guys that bug me now—like some seniors I had in college, former classmates, anime convention instant friends, people I meet at random places… even current classmates. They add some spice to my life, and my then boring relationship.

Anyway, upon admitting I had some connection with these people, I should say I didn’t have any firm relations with them. It’s just a sort of next level friendship, but wait… no romance involved.

You know, I might have not told in my blog honestly back then what actually bugs me and made me feel that relationships are worthless. It has something to do with my relationship. But now, I could say we got over those hurdles as if we’re starting anew. We suddenly went back to what we were before when we just became the so-called couple: chatting endlessly, texting, seeing each other more frequently, doing video calls… it was some sort of an overhaul. Maybe because we’re a bit more intimate when it comes to some things now. I guess I don’t need anyone to analyze it for me, unlike last sem. Somehow, I’m sure of something: I’m having the time of my life now that I enjoy it. I find things happening now very pleasing. It’s like I’m dreaming but I’m not. This better continue, or I might do something more stupid than before.

Yeah, I love this certain person now—I could practically say that—that’s why I can’t do anything as weird as what I did before now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment