Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some Stupid Thing I’ve Done

To start off, I’ll tell you about something that happened earlier. I suddenly remembered Eddie Gil while staring blankly at my anime tapes section just below our Cassette Tape Deck. It was the memories of his single entitled “Pelukang Itim” that flooded my mind. I was so fond of music, especially those that make me laugh out. When it was summer of 2004, I recorded that song. And later on, it was included on his debut album “Pinoy Idol?”. The connection? I became his fan before I bought that CD. Yeah, talk about stupidity.

Anyway, that time JM and I spent time talking a lot and hanging-out so much even though he’s studying at RHS already. One afternoon, we’ve researched him and there we found about one of his (Eddie Gil) addresses. So we had a little plan. That is, to send a fan letter professing our utmost support in his greatness as a singer and an actor (he has a movie!), and also, asking for a copy of his CD. God. We were so adamant and serious back then!

So what happened next is that the letter was composed, printed and placed in a white envelope—ready for mailing. As I’ve said, we were so serious about this, so we decided to actually send it through a mailing center beside PCA (my ex-school back then) and in front of RHS (JM’s high school that time). We eagerly spread the news to Kog and had her join us while we do the breath-taking embarrassing moment of our lives.

Guess what? She was laughing so hard that she can’t contain her amusement. We eventually did it, making the people at that mailing center puzzled. We have no clue that it’s actually not going to work. When JM and I decide to do something, we become overly optimistic of its outcome to the point of imagining a whole lot of things.

Oh yes, it was a failure. Not that the mail was returned, but probably it was not read by our idol. Too unfortunate for us. Oh well, we didn’t get to see his film either. In short, we haven’t accomplished a thing about our fanaticism. Then and there, the EG addiction flew away. As simple as that… :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment